Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Clinton: Candidates pander to Zionists, just ignore them


Clinton: Candidates pander to Zionists, just ignore them


This is (unfortunately) too good to hold back (h/t: Challah Hu Akbar):

In my previous post I said that politicians tailor their speeches to their audiences. Well, get a load of this snippet from a “Town Hall with Tunisian Youth” held by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on February 25 of this year (emphasis added by me):
QUESTION: My name is Ivan. After the electoral campaign starts in the United States – it started some time ago – we noticed here in Tunisia that most of the candidates from the both sides run towards the Zionist lobbies to get their support in the States. And afterwards, once they are elected, they come to show their support for countries like Tunisia and Egypt for a common Tunisian or a common Arab citizen. How would you reassure and gain his trust again once given the fact that you are supporting his enemy as well at the same time?

SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, first, let me say you will learn as your democracy develops that a lot of things are said in political campaigns that should not bear a lot of attention. There are comments made that certainly don’t reflect the United States, don’t reflect our foreign policy, don’t reflect who we are as a people. I mean, if you go to the United States, you see mosques everywhere, you see Muslim Americans everywhere. That’s the fact. So I would not pay attention to the rhetoric.
Secondly, I would say watch what President Obama says and does. He’s our President. He represents all of the United States, and he will be reelected President, so I think that that will be a very clear signal to the entire world as to what our values are and what our President believes. So I think it’s a fair questionbecause I know that – I sometimes am a little surprised that people around the world pay more attention to what is said in our political campaigns than most Americans, say, are paying attention. So I think you have to shut out some of the rhetoric and just focus on what we’re doing and what we stand for, and particularly what our President represents.

Thank you, Ms. Clinton, for responding to the ‘fair question’, and making sure that we Zionists understand not to listen to what the candidates say, but to pay attention to what they really stand for. Perhaps we should apply this advice to your boss as well.

http://fresnozionism.org/2012/03/clinton-obama-panders-to-zionists-just-ignore-it/

No comments:

Post a Comment